At Southern Orthopaedic Surgeons, LLC we offer in-house physical therapy at our Montgomery, Prattville, and Wetumpka locations. Our caring rehabilitation team works closely with our orthopaedic doctors to deliver a seamless continuum of care. Whether it’s taking a walk in the park, playing with your kids or grandkids, or reaching your fitness goals. We are committed to helping our patients resume their favorite activities.
Our licensed physical therapists and physical therapist assistants want to help you meet your goals regardless of how small or large your problem or injury. Our highly trained therapists are experienced in providing tailored care for your general orthopaedic conditions, provide conservative injury treatment, spine care and management, and pre-and postoperative treatment. Their expertise includes a broad range of manual therapy treatments, injury management techniques, and therapeutic exercise programs developed for your specific needs.
What can Physical Therapy do for you?
Physical Therapy can help improve your ability to move with less pain, improve your function, and decrease the need for pain medications. Therapy may also be prescribed before a surgical procedure to prepare you for surgery and improve your outcomes after orthopaedic surgery.
What to expect on your first visit:
- Please arrive 20 to 30 minutes early for your first visit to be educated on your insurance coverage, schedule future therapy appointments, and fill out any paperwork needed. This will provide our physical therapists with important information regarding your injury or problem.
- Please bring your ID, insurance cards, list of medications, and your Physical Therapy prescription if we do not already have it.
- You will go through a comprehensive evaluation by your Physical Therapist. After your evaluation you may be treated with exercises, manual therapy, or modalities as needed. Each visit will last approximately 1 hour.
- Please wear something comfortable as you will be performing light to moderate exercise. We encourage you to wear a loose fitting top, athletic shorts or pants, and tennis shoes.
We offer the following physical therapy services:
- Pre-rehab for an upcoming surgery
- Post-surgical healing and recovery (Total Joint Replacement, ACL Reconstruction, Hip/Knee/Shoulder Arthroscopy, Rotator Cuff Repair, Fractures, and more)
- Joint Rehabilitation (Hip, Knee, Ankle, Foot, Shoulder, Elbow, Wrist, Hand)
- Injury Rehabilitation (Sprains, Strains, Contusions, Fractures, Tendinitis, Bursitis, and more)
- Therapeutic Exercise (to regain ROM, mobility, and functional strength)
- Neuromuscular Re-education (to improve balance/proprioception, joint stabilization, and core stability)
- Gait Training (For Orthopaedic Conditions)
- Manual Therapy (Soft Tissue Mobilization, Joint Mobilization, Manual Traction, Manipulation, Dry Needling, Cupping, IASTM)