Stephen W. Samelson, M.D. Dr. Samelson graduated Magna Cum Laude from Auburn University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry. He then graduated from the University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine. Dr. Samelson completed his internship at the University of Florida Health Science Center- Urban Campus in General Surgery. He then went on to complete his Residency at the University of Florida Health Science Center- Urban Campus in Orthopaedic Surgery; in his last year he was named Chief Orthopedic Resident. In addition to being a surgeon at Southern Orthopaedic Surgeons, Dr. Samelson is the team Orthopaedic Surgeon for Tallassee High School and Elmore County High School.
Dr. Samelson is from Rantoul, Illinois. He has been married to his wife, Suanne, since 1988. They have three children- Joseph, Rebecca, and Mary Kathryn. In his free time, Dr. Samelson enjoys watching movies, theatrical performances, and sporting events. He is also a gardening and automobile enthusiast.
- American Board of Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, 1997 - Present
- Montgomery Surgical Center, Board Member 2009 - Present
- Montgomery Surgical Center, Board President April 2014 - Present
- Montgomery County Medical Society, 1998 - Present
- Medical Association of the State of Alabama, 1998 - Present
- Southern Orthopaedic Association, 2010 - Present
- Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine, Clinical Faculty April 2014 - Present