Dr. Howell Discusses Complete Joint Replacement Using The Mako RobotNovember 27, 2018
04/02 COVID-19 UpdateApril 2, 2020
Thank you for choosing Southern Orthopaedic Surgeons.
As the novel coronavirus’ (COVID-19) impact on communities increases, we feel it is important to communicate our plan to keep patients and team members healthy and safe.
- While our facilities and equipment are cleaned frequently throughout the day, we are increasing the frequency and detail of sanitizing equipment, exam tables, furniture, and doors.
- We are increasing the cleaning of surfaces and items (Kiosks, Ipads, writing tools, clipboards, etc.) that are touched frequently.
- Please wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and warm water before and after your appointment.
- If you are unable to wash your hands beforehand, please use the provided alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Please no handshaking.
- If you are sick (fever, coughing, achiness), please cancel your appointment and reschedule for a later time when you are no longer sick or running fever.
- If you are in the clinic and you need to cough or sneeze, please cough into a tissue and throw it immediately into the trash.
- If you or anyone in your household have been on a cruise or traveled to or from China, South Korea, Iran, Italy, or Japan within the last 14 days, please contact our office to reschedule your appointment.
Our Team Members
- We are expanding our employee training and we will follow WHO and CDC guidelines to ensure that we are maximizing prevention and preparedness.
- We will continue our current handwashing policy.
- We are implementing a no-handshaking policy with patients and team members.
- Our team members should stay home if they are sick.
Based on current information from the World Health Organization (www.who.int), the Centers for Disease Control (www.cdc.gov), and our own preparedness efforts, we are confident we can provide a safe environment for you and our team members.